Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

And the beat goes on...

Well, the U.S. Embassy has announced they are scheduling flights from Riyadh to D.C. in the next few days. Of course with the internal travel ban this is only for U.S. citizens currently in Riyadh. They are supposed to be scheduling flights from Jeddah at some point. However, what would be the point in my case? I'd think that the more people I come in contact with (airports, close proximity on a plane for many hours, etc.) would just serve to increase my odds of even getting this little bug. Then there would be the difficulty of traveling from D.C. to Michigan, ugh, no thanks. I think I'm good here, besides, since I'm still technically working, albeit only from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., I'm still getting paid.

However, could the Fates be kind? Oh heck no! Apparently there was a water main break somewhere and now our entire compound is without water as of about 1:30 this afternoon. We are told we *might* get the water back by sometime tomorrow. The only good news is that I took a shower last night and washed a load of clothes. The bad news is that I can't wash my hands.

Oh, and even though it is April 1st, the above is no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment