Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Sunday, March 29, 2020

And another thing!

And the beat goes on...

Late last night (early morning actually) I received an urgent email from the U.S. Embassy saying that a couple missiles or drones had been shot down near Riyadh. Not very close to Jeddah but then there are a couple potential targets not too far away. Probably a good idea to step up the old SA.

And today, we received word that KSA has "quarantined" Jeddah now. No traffic allowed into or out of the city. Also starting today the curfew has been extended to start at 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. Working hours have also been reduced to start at 7:00-7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. Of course that is for essential workers only. I am one such even though I'm on a half on/half off schedule for the foreseeable future. Fortunately I have a couple work related things to keep me a little occupied.

However, it's getting to the point where I really need a haircut and barbershops are not essential so they are all closed. I also am not able to go out and pick up a pair of safety-toed shoes for work that I really do need to have, just not this week obviously.

So, work on my tan down by the pool, set my timer so I know when to turn. There is a couple here who were glad to learn that I played cribbage. My last four games with them (two each) ended up with me winning and skunking each of them once. They may not be so happy to play against me any more. My father taught me well in that regard at least.

A few quarantine 'funnies':

  • Facebook has been so crowded lately with all the people online at home that I had to park on Instagram and walk over there.
  • I have been diligently washing my hands all this time now. When will it be time to take a shower?
  • If people are really not touching their faces as the CDC recommends then there are probably a whole bunch of dirty faces out there right now.
  • Beauty parlors, manicure salons, and make-up counters are all closed - it's going to get ugly out there real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment