Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Champing at the bit

 

Well then, I should have some good weather for a hike and it shouldn't even be that windy on 'summit' day (starts midnight July 12 and should be at the peak by sunrise or so.) But it will be a little nippy compared to temps I have become (somewhat) accustomed to in Jeddah. Today it is over 35°C in KSA compared to 26°C in Moshi TZ. Looks like I'll hit 32°F at around 4500m or ~14,750 feet up. Mid to low teens Fahrenheit at the top with wind chill down to the single digits. New moon will be on the 10th so it will be a starry night sky for the last climb. I should have printed out a star map for that evenings climb.

I got my PCR test done just now, pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Check in for my flights tomorrow morning. Get my last online form filled in. Then stay up late since Meet & Assist will be picking me up to go to the airport at about 1:30 a.m. for a 4:30 a.m. flight.

I'll get into Moshi around 5 p.m. so I'll get a little look around before sundown. It's all uphill from here.

2 comments: