Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas from Michigan. I got back home on the 10th and I'm "scheduled" to return to KSA on the 31st. I say scheduled because on Monday of this week I got the notice that KSA has closed down all international travel for at least one week due to the new strain of Covid-19 (apparently less deadly but more contagious.) That means a total ban on all travel into and out of KSA. So, I guess on the 28th I will learn whether I can even get on a plane. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the POV. Every silver-lining has its dark cloud. 

Early in November I had a major infection in my lower jaw near tooth #27. Two weeks of antibiotics got rid of most of it but so I didn't have to worry about getting another severe infection while flying over the Atlantic I opted to get a root canal done in Jeddah - BIG mistake. Apparently the dentist was more used to working on camels. My dentist in MI actually said, and I quote, "WTF" when he saw this x-ray.

guess which tooth is in bad shape

Only recourse was to pull it and add an implant....next year sometime when I make it back to MI. Of course there is no way to sue the dentist in the Magic Kingdom. Another painful, expensive lesson.

So, it's a white Christmas, dusting of snow on the ground, cloudy, windy, and chilly. We are warm inside the house at least. 

I hope everyone has something they are thankful for at this time of year, can't be easy for some. Knock on wood, we are all healthy.

See ya next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment