Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Monday, June 22, 2020

Reflections on Father's Day 2020

My dad passed away on Good Friday in 2007. After I had moved away from Vermont over 20 years ago, I had called him every Saturday morning only missing a few. Not a week goes by that I don't miss those calls even though we didn't very often talk about very much or for very long. I usually got a few minutes in talking with my mother after Dad and I were finished catching up for the week. I continued to call my mother weekly after that until her death four years ago. That's often what I think about on Father's Day. I miss my dad. There are two songs that remind me of him, in particular is Chet Atkins' "I Still Can't Say Goodbye" (https://youtu.be/wa44cJE1LH0), the other is "The Old Man", this version (https://youtu.be/8h1am4_3fyQ) sung by John McDermott. 


No comments:

Post a Comment