Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Yippiee Ki Yay ...

Looks like we will all be headed back to work tomorrow full time. Sure glad I brought some work home with me, these past three weeks have been very boring. Although I did get to work on my sandal tan some. Got some time to focus a little more on my family genealogy, that was good. Did a little more practice learning a bit of Arabic, German, and Scots Gaelic on Duolingo. I sure have been getting my steps in during my (almost) daily Old Man Walk, averaging under 18 minute miles.

The picture shows the phase-in plan. Looks like I may even be able to get a haircut sometime next week - keep your fingers crossed. June 21st is supposed to be 'back to normal' whatever that means. Still no word on when international flights will open up. I suppose that depends on what Europe and other pass-through airports decide to do. Of course I still need to get my paperwork complete so I can even get an exit/re-entry visa. I hope that will be soon because it would be nice to get back to the U.S. to see my wife (& the fur-babies). We shall see what happens. Haba haba - I'm told that is how they say 'step by step' in Arabic.

Looks like Mecca will still be close though, I have no idea exactly why but I suspect it is to see what happens in the rest of the world before opening it up. It might look bad if KSA were the only ones who could go there so they may just be keeping everyone out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment