Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Sunday, May 10, 2020

The Corniche w/o people...odd but pretty

The Corniche Road runs up the west side of Jeddah along the Red Sea. It is my relaxing drive home most days. I've even figured out the short cuts since it is hectic going through the front gate to work so I go in the back gate to avoid most of the traffic and Saudi drivers. It's still a bit like a GTA video game even so. With some construction over the past couple months I had to figure out the detour but it works well for me now.

Speaking of construction, there was a lot of it going on in the Jeddah area. Not much 'finishing' but a lot of 'constructing'. It reminds me of something someone told me about some other place. "There are ancient ruins, modern ruins, and future ruins, all at the same time." 

In any case, I wanted to take a little time for some pictures along the area which, for want of a better term, is somewhat of a park along the sea shore. Without the normal (I imagine) crowds you might expect. This area is a little north of my usual ride home because I took a bit of a wrong turn to get to the Corniche Road. So I stopped at a likely area and took a little stroll south.

Walking out to the jetty

Looking north
Entrance from the street towards the jetty.


From that entrance point out to the Red Sea.

Looking south from out at the end of the jetty.
That tall building with the heliport is called The Venue.

The Red Sea looks more green to me.

Not much red here.

Looking back south towards the city.

Not a bad spot.

See the fish? There was a fair number of people
fishing along this road further south on a normal day.

Way north of the city, under construction,
supposed to be the tallest building in KSA.
Someday maybe.

From the end of the jetty looking back towards the city.

North approach has plain seating, south approach,
IDK, worms, snakes?

I would not want to get exposed for a penalty.

Gotta love translations.


Bonus that it leads to the island (which does not have
any boardwalk so you'd be kinda hosed at that point.

Looks nice with all the people gone along with the
usual trash (which was still in the little tower I was on).

There are some nice views even so.

Pleasant little area.

If you water them, flowers will grow.

Lotsa flowers.

IDK what kind of tree but it won't escape this time!

I have never been good at interpreting
art, suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment