Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Friday, May 8, 2020

Quick update and I promise more in the coming days...

Okay then, coming up is my 'off' week thanks to that pesky little virus I guess. Then there is a two week 'lock-out/shut down' for the remainder of Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr. So, I don't go back in to work until May 31st, lucky me. 

Unfortunately, there will also be no travel during that time-frame since we are still under the latest curfew of 9 to 5 along with no travel outside identified limits. And that is the real sore-spot for me. The good news is that as of the end of last month the malls and many stores have been opened back up. I was able to get a pair of safety-toe shoes for work and some safety glasses (thanks Raytheon!) However, the barber shops are still closed, I'm getting mighty shaggy, haven't had hair this long in a very long time.

Received an email update from the U.S. Embassy in KSA which outlines a number of upcoming repatriation flights back to the U.S.A. However, they are all of no use to me whatsoever. In the first place, if I were to go back, there would be no return at least until commercial travel was resumed. Second, I would be out of a job, obviously. Third, I couldn't leave if I wanted/needed to - since HR didn't get my documentation completed correctly before the lock-down, I can't even get an exit visa - I'm not in the KSA system. So unless someone decides to video chat with me none of you will see me for some time to come. (Yeah, I know it's no loss for many.)

Don't know how much Netflix binge my butt can endure. I'll keep ya posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment