Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Feeling restless ...

I'm sure everyone else's lock-down is as bad if not seemingly worse than mine. However, being in a foreign country with no place to go and nothing to see or do is pretty bad IMHO. Over here we've been at this to some measure for well over two months now. This apartment is just about 700 SF, not much room to roam. In the picture below, my building is about in the center. I'm on the second floor, east end. One, sometimes two, of the guys and I will do a few laps around the internment camp compound around sundown just to listen to the squall call to prayer. There are about 5 different directions that the call comes from and each is a different voice, cadence, tone, and expression. It reminds me of my brother-in-law who used to take an individual classical composition performed by different orchestras, start them all playing at the same time and listen to how well they kept up together. Usually it mostly sounded horrible to me. In my opinion it would be better if the call to prayer were 1) all started at exactly the same time, b) they were performed as a round like Row Your Boat; or III) they used the same recording for each tower.

The path I take for my (almost) daily OMW. 3 laps is just over 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment