Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Monday, March 23, 2020

New Day One

Yesterday I went in to work after having a 3-day weekend (recall we were split into two groups, one on & one off each day) and less than half the office showed up. We did have two soldiers in the office next to mine. No shared breakfast today which is really no biggie (pun intended) since I wasn't seeming to be able to lose any weight lately due to too much food in the a.m. Dark cloud, silver lining.

Another sight I don't ever recall seeing in all my days in KSA is a cleaning crew coming in and actually mopping down the rest rooms with something smelling of bleach no less. Wow, and the toilets were cleaned as well. We will see tomorrow (today is my off day) if this has become a daily 'thing'. However, here's where there may be a little room for improvement - they neglected to clean the door knobs to the rest rooms and they are not the push-open sort. Latest research I've read suggests that this virus stays detectable in air for about 3 hours, 4 hours on copper, 24 hours on cardboard, 2 days on stainless steel (i.e. the aforementioned door knobs), and 3 days on plastic.

New Day, New Rules...
Just received notification that KSA has instituted a curfew from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. starting today and lasting for 21 days. So, no going out to the bars, still. I guess they will allow some essential travel but we're essentially locked in during those hours. Glad I went grocery shopping yesterday after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment