Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Saturday, February 8, 2020

...short explaination... mea culpa

Okay, quick update. I caught kind of a nasty (to me) cold, probably in the souq, and was miserable for one day at work and then slept for 12-14 hours each day over that w/e, fitfully I will add. Then came what seems like it has been a month of coughing up lung stuff and being generally stuffy. And this was all before the Wutan Clan came on the scene. (Didn't have any fever so it luckily wasn't any sort of MERS/SARS/flu - good thing since I hear that the shot I got has only been about 55% effective this year.) I understand that to cure the corona-virus you need to drink a lot of Corona with lime. Not going to find any beer here.

Then work has picked up quite a bit. My co-worker came back on the 19th and he's been filling me in on all the ins and outs of the job/location/people/etc. since he's been doing this for almost 10 years.

Then in the evening I've been working quite a bit on cleaning up my genealogy files. I've got most of the place names, if not standardized, whittled down from over 7000 unique ones to somewhat over 5000. I'm also working on making sure the information I have on my relatives & ancestors is at least as up to date as what's available online. That is a task and a half. There are well over 8000 people listed in my database - and some of the readers of this blog are included (you know who you are.)

Hopefully now I am getting back on track and will post a couple updates this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment