Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Monday, August 2, 2021

Trekking Eve

If you can't climb Kilimanjaro you
 can always drink Kilimanjaro
7/7 Completely overcast again; no sunrise. I remembered to order eggs with sausage. Should be meeting with Jackson and Oswald for some reason that is not clear to me (Jackson never showed.)

Slow day but got my steps in by walking around the neighborhood & took a few pictures. Oswald stopped by to chat with Gordon (my trekking partner) and me; chatted about general stuff. We leave tomorrow at 10:30 AM. Apparently Oswald thought I walked too fast yesterday so I 'failed' my first test. I wasn't winded at all even though Moshi is 2,700' +/- 500'. At sea level I had been doing 16.5 minute miles at 38°C and higher temps. Of course that is at about 0 feet elevation.

Good chat with Gordon (he asked for separate tents b/c he gets up a lot at night apparently and didn't want to disturb me). He is some sort of clinical neurological psychologist (PhD not MD), had some POV on Alzheimer's and current research. Note - he started out, as I think I said before, wearing a mask in public and obviously the topic of C-19 came up and he said, "Oh! You're one of those!" when I said that I rarely wear a mask - never asking or listening to the 'why'. Knee-jerk reaction, very 'tribal' which is another discussion.

A lost 'sole'

View back up to the hotel

Gates, fences, and walls - seems to be a
human condition since the beginning of time.

Lots of little open air markets if you need a
chicken to go

Guys on the bikes wait at corners, etc. as a
quick and cheap taxi (they also haul loads)

Local 'guard' dog - some are not so friendly

The hotel really is on a paved road

Open air bar/restaurant as part of a
convention center area

From the other direction

Watch Cat watches

bed turned down, sweet


No comments:

Post a Comment