Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Friday, August 28, 2020

Not the greatest of weeks thus far.


Siegfried


My best buddy had to cross the Rainbow Bridge this week. He leaves a huge hole in my heart that now just consists of memories. I was supposed to have been able to get back to see him many months ago. We were going to take some long walks and look at dog videos on the computer. He loved those things. He was always there for me and would give me hugs before bed. My heart is broken. If you have never experienced such a dog then imagine that which is most precious to you in the entire universe and multiply it by ten and you will begin to have some understanding of what it is like to have a dog who loves you. R.I.P. Siggy

In other not-so-great news, there has been one more positive case in our small building. The guy's mother has it and he still came in to work. He got sent to get tested and the next day we all heard the results. Not so good but he's one of the electrical guys so he is at least down the hall from me some (~10 steps). 

And a reliable source has told me that there are three more cases on our compound although we do not have any information on who they are. However, they did close down the Oasis restaurant and the Circle K for deep cleaning - but no one bothered to tell us why. Pure speculation to think that the two might have something in common. Perhaps someone was just cleaning up after the positive/active case from last week. Go figure.

Today is Valerie & my 38th anniversary.

I still have to publish about my trip down from the mountain and my visit to the crater. 



No comments:

Post a Comment