Sorry

  Sorry but my writing muse has been curled up in a fetal position for the past couple months. A few of you probably know why but for the re...

Friday, July 17, 2020

I was promised a comet...

...didn't catch it. 

"All I got was a rock." ~ C. Brown

So, the first night, Sunday, I went out it ended up being overcast somewhat. However, that wasn't the total problem. I went further outside the city on Thursday and even though the light levels were better, no dice. The horizon seems to consist of this sort of hazy-foggy-cloudy mess up to about 15° azimuth that you can't really see through. And since C/2020 F3 NEOWISE sits fairly low on the horizon I couldn't seem to see it at all. Hopefully some of my friends will have taken their opportunities, either before sunrise or after sunset to capture a few shots. Not gonna happen here. (Maybe if I head for the mountains but still not likely.) I really do need to work with this camera more. I ended up getting a tripod for the second night and I did get a couple star shots.

Looks like it should be clear but it's not.



Sun setting over the Red Sea


I don't grok wrok (hint: zoom in on the sign)
What normally happens at intersections

Not really a leaning tower
I just need to practice 
horizon shots more.
The Venue at sunset

The Venue in the evening
Looks a little creepier after dark














Found some fisher-cats down by the shore. (Not the North American weasel variety, just the local variation.) A couple of them were batting at something in the rock crevices. Probably a barnacle that had poked its parts out. Smells like fish I'm sure.

Something smells fishy
Might be something in the water





"I thought I saw something."


Hard to tell but that is one kitten pouncing on another

Cats always seem to have murder in their eyes

What ya eatin'?


No comments:

Post a Comment